Hubspot is a marketing automation tool that serves mid-large companies. It’s consistently in the top 3 of marketing automation tools, and many marketers swear by it. It’s robust and features offered include forms, customer journey tools for managing nurture campaigns, landing pages and more. In Jan-April 2018, HubSpot was the most requested integration on the FullContact Integrations pages. You can vote for integrations you'd like to see in the future at the bottom of this page: FullContact Data Enrichment Integrations
How can this integration be put to work?
FullContact data can be used in Hubspot for the following purposes (these are from Hubspot):
- Customer segmentation by custom contact properties for targeted communication
- Create lead scoring rules that automatically increase or decrease a contact's lead score based on the value of contact properties.
- Personalize emails that users send to contacts using personalization tokens so that the details of the email can be as relevant as possible.
- Personalize the experience of visitors to your HubSpot site using personalization tokens and smart content.
- Trigger a workflow so that contacts with a certain property get enrolled into a series of marketing automation actions.
- Create contact reports based on these properties (Enterprise customers only).
Integration Setup Guide
User authorizes their Hubspot account:
You will then be taken to FullContact-hosted integration management page, where you are asked to enter your API key or sign up for a FullContact account. Settings won't be visible until you've entered your API Key.
You are now taken to a page to adjust your enrichment settings and map FullContact fields to HubSpot custom fields, then press Save to turn the integration on.
- How soon will the integration start enriching contacts after a user turns it on?
- If a user is enriching new contacts, this will happen in real time as contacts are added to HubSpot or to the specific list the user has chosen. If a user is backfilling existing contacts in HubSpot, this will take up to 10 minutes to start based on volume from other users.
- How can a user check if their integration setup is working?
- FullContact Last Attempted: The integration made an API call to FullContact.
- FullContact Last Enriched: The API returned a 200 for the email or domain.
- FullContact provides two date custom fields by default - “FullContact Last Attempted” and “FullContact Last Enriched”. The user can use these to create lists of contacts that FullContact enriched or attempted to enrich. Once a user finds the contacts that have been enriched, they can navigate into `Property History` to see the specific fields enriched (FullContact will show up as source `Integration`).
- can a user see their total number of contacts enriched?
- This can be done in HubSpot. The user can create dynamic lists using the 2 custom fields FullContact provides by default, “FullContact Last Attempted” and “FullContact Last Enriched” depending on what information they are interested in.
- A user can also always check their overall FullContact activity in the FullContact Dashboard. However, this will include usage across their entire account.
- How does a user get back to their HubSpot integration settings page?
- They can either bookmark the direct URL here, or navigate back by clicking on the “Install” button on the integration listing page.
- A user isn’t seeing their chosen list of contacts get backfilled. Why?
- FullContact is subject to both the rate limits that HubSpot sets, as well as a rate limit from the FullContact side. This means that depending on the number of contacts in the list chosen, it may take a while for FullContact to finish backfilling all the contacts. FullContact also checks every 10 min for whether a backfill needs to be started, so there may be a slight delay between turning on the integration and seeing contacts get backfilled.
- Which data points are available in the HubSpot integration?
- Person Summary
- All Social Add-On
- Topics Add-On (Free)
- Demographics Add-On (Free)
- Affinities Add-On
- Company Summary
- Key People Add-On
- A comprehensive list of all available data points can be found here. The user will need to configure Add-Ons in their FullContact Dashboard.
- Why are some HubSpot fields pre-selected in Settings and some aren’t?
- The pre-selected fields are default fields that HubSpot includes for every new user. We suggest some mappings here to start with to make the setup easier for users. For all other fields FullContact can enrich, the user will need to create new custom fields.
- How will a user know if they’ve hit the limit on their plan?
- If a user is on a Free plan, they will get an email once they hit the limit. If a user is on a Paid plan, they will incur overages once they are past their monthly limit.
- How does a user uninstall our integration?
- The user will be able to uninstall the integration from their integrations settings page inside Hubspot. The URL for this page will be https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-beta/[USER’S HUB ID]/ .