Welcome to FullContact!
FullContact is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, FullContact syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates, and adds more complete and enriched contact information from the web. FullContact lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail inbox. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with our iOS App. We outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
Before you dive into this guide, download and watch our Getting Started webinar. You'll hear from one of our Customer Success Advocates and learn new tips and tricks. Prepare to become a FullContact power user!
- Webinars: To further your learning and education, don’t forget to download our webinars here.
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all FullContact help articles and how-to guidance.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our FullContact Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and FullContact news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
First four steps:
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your FullContact account.
1. Download FullContact for iOS from our website or the App Store
- Create your FullContact account. Feel free to use the Sign Up with Google option if you have a Gmail account (by doing so, you'll use your Gmail credentials to create your FullContact account).
2. Complete the onboarding flow
- Connect your Google Contacts, iCloud, or Exchange/Office 365 address book to your FullContact account.
- Connect a social profile (i.e. Twitter).
3. Let FullContact sync all of your contacts
- You'll notice the revolving arrows on the home page of the iOS app.
4. Settings page
- Click the Settings [gear] icon to manage the following sections: Account, Address Books, Contacts, and Default Actions.
- Account: email address, log out, delete account.
- Address Books: ensure all address book sources you want syncing with FullContact have been added, you've selected your preferred sync settings, and you've either enabled or disabled your Device Contacts. If you'd like to connect/import your LinkedIn contacts, please do this in the Web app on your Settings page. You can read more about LinkedIn imports here.
- Contacts: adjust how your contacts are sorted.
- Contact items: adjust default labels and reorder the fields for your contacts via the three gray lines on the right-hand side. Click on the three lines, then drag the field up or down to re-order.
- Default Actions: adjust what you're using when making calls, using maps, sending emails, etc.
Now that you've finished the first five steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for getting the most out of the FullContact for Gmail plugin.
1. Learn how to call, text, and email your contacts via swiping
- Swipe from left to right on a contact:
- A short swipe will show you the green phone call icon to immediate initiate a call.
- A long swipe will show you three orange dots to call, send a message, or email.
- Swipe from right to left on a contact:
- A short swipe will show you a blue checkmark (this can be used for bulk actions).
- A long swipe will show you three orange dots to initiate an email, message, add a tag, or delete a contact.
- Keep in mind that you can also easily call or email by clicking on a contact and viewing his or her details.
- Apply updates where you see fit. If you ignore an update, it will not be added to your contact.
- Apply duplicates where you see fit—you can merge all duplicates at once or merge your contacts one at a time. When merging your contacts, all information is included in the final version of the contact. You can edit your merged contacts later.
4. Search bar
- Use the search bar at the top of your contact list to search for contacts, email addresses, tags, and more.
5. Add a contact, capture a business card, and add an address book
- Via the [+] icon in the upper right-hand corner, get immediate actions.
6. Tags and sources
- Add, edit, or remove tags -> click on a tag to view all contacts in it.
- View your connected sources (at the bottom) -> click on a source to view all contacts in it.
Become a power user:
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favorite tips and tricks.
1. View insights, company information, and share a contact
- At the bottom of a contact, view insights via the megaphone, view company information via the building icon, and share a contact via the export icon.
2. Integrate with Zapier
- Use our Zapier integration to send business cards to a variety of CRMs, email marketing platforms, and more. You can find helpful instructions here.
3. Referral program
- Interested in taking advantage of our referral program? Invite your friends!
Thanks for joining FullContact! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your FullContact address book to improve your contact management challenges.