At FullContact we are big fans of Zapier. Several years ago we built an App on Zapier that allowed users to take a picture of a business card on their device using FullContact, and the transcribed contact data would get sent to Zapier when the transcription completed.
The Zapier App was a big success, so we recently released a new Zapier App with a LOT more functionality. We would like to help you migrate to the new App so that you can leverage all of the new functionality.
The migration process is pretty straightforward, but it will require you to update your old Zaps to no longer use the non-legacy App. Here are the two things you need to do. If you want step by step instructions, they are also included below.
1. Update the Trigger to use the new FullContact App. Note that the new Trigger now supports FullContact Tags - a much requested feature!
2. Update the Action to use the new mappings from the FullContact App.
Detailed Step by Step Instructions
If you need detailed instructions, follow along.
1. From the Zapier dashboard, find the Zap using the legacy FullContact App that you wish to update. It will have a Trigger icon that looks something like this. Select the Zap.
2. Under the Trigger, select the dropdown that displays the details for “1. New Business Card.”
3. Select “FullContact (Legacy).
4. At this point in the search bar do a search for “FullContact” and select the new App. You have the correct one if it has the FullContact logo.
5. After selecting the new FullContact App, under "Choose Trigger" you will now want to select the radio button saying “New Business Card Transcribed”. Then select “Save + Continue”.
6. You will now be taken to “Choose Account”. To connect your FullContact account, select “Connect an Account”.
7. Select “Authorize”, followed by “Save + Continue”.
8. Next, you will see some setup options. If you want to send cards associated with a specific FullContact tag, you can apply this tag (for example, "MailChimp") so that FullContact only sends a card if this specific tag exists when the card is submitted.
Please know that the "Send Cards To" option within our mobile apps is no longer available with the new integration. Instead, you can enable zaps using tags as described above.
9. Finally, the last thing you need to do is update the template mapping on the Action. This will depend upon which Actions you want to use with FullContact. To set up the Action, select “Setup Template” and map the FullContact business card fields to the system as required.
If you're interested in learning more about all the features of our new Zapier integration and how to set it up, go here.