Welcome to FullContact!
FullContact is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, FullContact syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates, and adds more complete and enriched contact information from the web. FullContact lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with our Android app. We outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
Before you dive into this guide, download and watch our Getting Started webinar. You'll hear from one of our Customer Success Advocates and learn new tips and tricks. Prepare to become a FullContact power user!
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all FullContact help articles and how-to guidance.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our FullContact Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and FullContact news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your FullContact account.
1. Download FullContact for Android from our website or the Google Play Store
- Create your FullContact account. Feel free to use the Sign Up with Google option if you have a Gmail account (by doing so, you'll use your Gmail credentials to create your FullContact account).
2. Complete the onboarding flow
- Connect your Google Contacts, iCloud, or Exchange/Office 365 address book to your FullContact account.
- Connect a social profile (i.e. Twitter).
3. Let FullContact sync all of your contacts
- In less than a minute, you should notice that all of your contacts have been synced to the FullContact for Android app.
4. Settings page
- Click the Settings [gear] icon to manage the following sections: Manage Subscription, Address books, Contact items, Name format, Customize quick actions, and Sync.
- Manage Subscription: Upgrade to Premium to reap the benefits of a Premium subscription.
- Address books: ensure all address book sources you want syncing with FullContact have been added, you've selected your preferred sync settings, and you've either enabled or disabled your Device Contacts.
- You can add additional address books via the red [plus] icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Contact items: adjust default labels and reorder the fields for your contacts via the lined dots on the right-hand side. Click on lined dots, then drag the field up or down to reorder.
- Name format: change how names are displayed.
- Customize quick actions: change swipe actions on contacts.
- Sync: initiate a sync.
Now that you've finished the first five steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for getting the most out of FullContact for Android.
1. View your contacts
- Click on the vertical [...] icon to access quick actions: view the contact, call, text, email, etc. Keep in mind that clicking the three dots will call the number listed at the top of the contact.
- Otherwise, click on a contact to view all details, add the contact as a favorite (via the star icon), edit the contact, etc.
- Apply updates where you see fit (home page of the Android app). If you ignore an update, it will not be added to your contact.
- Apply duplicates where you see fit (home page of the Android app)—you can merge all duplicates at once or merge your contacts one at a time. When merging your contacts, all information is included in the final version of the contact. You can edit your merged contacts later.
4. Search bar
- Use the 'search for people' section at the top of your contact list to search for contacts, email addresses, tags, and more.
- You can also start to type in a phone number to take advantage of our T9 (predictive text) search.
5. Add a contact, capture a business card, and add an address book
- Via the red [+] icon in the upper right-hand corner, get immediate actions.
6. Tags and sources
- Add, edit, or remove tags -> click on a tag to view all contacts in it.
- View your connected sources (at the bottom) -> click on a source to view all contacts in it.
Become a power user:
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favorite tips and tricks.
1. View insights, company information, and share a contact
- At the bottom of a contact, view insights via the megaphone, view company information via the building icon and share a contact via the export icon.
2. Integrate with Zapier
- Use our Zapier integration to send business cards to a variety of CRMs, email marketing platforms, and more. You can find helpful instructions here.
Thanks for joining FullContact! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your FullContact address book to improve your contact management challenges.