Welcome to FullContact!
FullContact is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, FullContact syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates and adds more complete and enriched contact information. FullContact lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with FullContact for Gmail. We outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
Before you dive into this guide, we suggest downloading and watching our Getting Started webinar. Prepare to become a FullContact power user!
- Webinars: To further your learning and education, don’t forget to download our webinars here.
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all FullContact help articles and how-to guidance.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our FullContact Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and FullContact news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your FullContact account.
- We recommend keeping your Chrome browser up-to-date.
- Keep in mind that if you currently have plugins, Google Labs, or extensions enabled on the right-hand side of your Inbox, you may need to disable them (as they will cause compatibility issues). For further assistance, please email our Support team.
- You can start using FullContact for Gmail right away by clicking "Sign In with Google" and authorizing your Google account. Another option is to use the FullContact for Web 'Getting Started' guide to create an account.
- To get full access to FullContact features (such as look up additional details about your connections) an address book needs to be connected. You can connect a Google, iCloud, or Exchange / Office 365 from FullContact for Web.
Review the onboarding slides
Now that you've finished the first four steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for getting the most out of FullContact for Gmail.
1. Use the search bar
- You can search for any contacts in your Google Contacts, FullContact address, or even an email address (of a contact not already in your FullContact account).
- If the contact is not already in your FullContact account yet, you'll have the option to add the contact.
2. Hover your cursor over email addresses/names
- In addition to using the search bar, if you hover your cursor over an email address or name in your Google Contacts, the contact's information will appear in FullContact for Gmail.
- Apply updates where you see fit. If you ignore an update, it will not be added to your contact.
4. Edit, create Google Calendar invites, favorite, and view in the FullContact for Web app
- Use the icons near the contact's name to edit (pencil icon), favorite a contact (star icon), or view the contact in your Web app (export icon).
5. View the Activity information
- When viewing contact information, you'll see basic contact information and social activity.
- Social activity: If you've connected your Twitter handle, this will show recent tweets.
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favorite tips and tricks.
1. Add tags/notes to your contacts
- You can add new tags, add existing tags, and add notes to your contacts without leaving your Inbox.
2. Find out more about your contacts
- Use the social data (thumbnails) to easily link to social profiles and social media accounts and associated websites.
3. Minimize FullContact for Gmail
- You can minimize FullContact for Gmail via the FullContact icon at the top of the extension.
Thanks for joining FullContact! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your FullContact address book to improve your contact management challenges.