Welcome to FullContact! Our suite of Data Solution APIs provide you with 360° insights into the people that matter most.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with our APIs for our builders. We'll outline the steps you need to take to get started as a new customer, best practices, and leave you with some resources for continued development. We're very excited to have you aboard!
First Five Steps to Take:
1. Get an API key and access to our dashboard: If you haven’t already, the first step is to ensure you have an API key. You can sign-up for a new key here.
- After you sign-up, we will send a verification code via text message. Please be prepared to enter your number and have access to your phone. You will also receive an email confirmation with your key after signing-up.
- If you have a non-US phone number, you may change the +1 (click the drop-down arrow) and replace/add your country code. Should you run into any issues, our support team is happy to assist.
Please note you may have signed up on your own or been setup with an API key via your FullContact Sales Account Executive, either path will suffice.
2. Take it For a Spin: Upon getting access to FullContact’s API Developer Portal you will have the ability to begin testing and making calls.
When we create a new account and key, we provide a certain number of calls to each of our named endpoints at no charge. This should give you a chance to test out the various data sets across our Person- and Company-centric endpoints. You will find specific references to those endpoints below and in our developer docs.
- The first screen you will see when you login will be your API key. Click the “Get Started" button and make a few calls to test results.
- We will provide cURL Command and a results box.
- If you're interested in sample examples try the following:
Via Person API, you can use email@example.com in the following URL to get a better idea of the data that can be returned:https://firstname.lastname@example.org&apiKey=xxxx
Via Company API, you can use fullcontact.com in the following URL to get a better idea of Company data that can be returned:https://api.fullcontact.com/v2/company/lookup.json?domain=fullcontact.com&apiKey=xxxx
3. Review Developer Documentation Before First Official Call: After you have done some testing, you may be ready to make your first official call. We recommend you review our developer documentation to be best equipped and prepared to begin your work. The full developer documentation can be found here.
4. Make a Call: You're set to start making official calls!
Now that you have reviewed our first five steps to take with our API's, we've put together additional information that should be helpful as a new customer including Troubleshooting Guide, Developer Portal Dashboard Review, and all our API Data Products we offer.
Common issues/troubleshooting: You may want to reference our Getting Started Resources for Person API and for Getting Started Resources for Company API, as well. You can find all libraries offered here.
Developer Dashboard Review: The FullContact developer dashboard is your login resource and management platform for queries, stats, billing, and overages. We've outlined the navigation below (in order as they appear on the left-hand navigation).
- Dashboard: The dashboard shows quick usage stats to-date, your API key and the plan you’ve signed up for.
- Stats: The stats show a variety of metrics and methods which you can look by a custom start date or year, month, week, and/or day. We highly recommend you leverage our account stats endpoint, to manage and track your usage so you don't incur overages.
- Invoices: This is where you can find your invoices and billing history. This is also where you can update your billing details.
- Docs: We link to our developer docs from within the portal.
- Support: How to contact our Support team and find access to our knowledge base.
FullContact APIs: FullContact has a variety of API endpoints that help expand your view of the customer and create better experiences.
- Person API: Use the person method with an email parameter to lookup information about a specific person by email and learn so much more about the person (social profiles, photos, websites, etc.). You can also query by phone, twitter, emailMD5, or SHA-256 to search for a specific individual.
- Company API: Use the company method with a domain as the lookup parameter to find information about a specific company by domain.
- Card Reader API: Leverage this API to take advantage of our human based business card transcription service. The Card Reader API allows you to send images of business cards to FullContact, and you will receive back a response containing human transcribed structured contact data. The endpoint is a RESTful service where a developer can send front and back images of a business card to be transcribed and that data is returned back to you via a specified webhook callback URL.
- Email Verification API: The email verification API provides several endpoints focused around providing data about the state and validity of an email. Email verification delivery methods may be single, batch polling, and batch webhooks.
Resources: You've made it! Below you will find resources available to you as a FullContact customer.
- Knowledge Base and Developer Docs: For further documentation and resources, can always access our customer knowledge base at support.fullcontact.com alongside our developer documentation.
- Developer Blog: Subscribe to our Developer Blog to learn best practices, customer use cases, product roadmap, and insight from our engineering and product teams.
- Slack Community: Join our community and chat directly with builders from FullContact as well as others who are building with the FullContact API. Participate in special chats, including AMAs and more. Join our Slack community.
- Contact: If you’re looking for help you can either work with your direct account manager (if you’ve been assigned one) or if you have a general question or issue with your account, you may contact our support team by submitting a request here.