Welcome to FullContact! Whether you are interested in data and information about individuals or companies, our APIs are built to bring you the most accurate, recent, and in-depth information possible.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with our APIs. We'll outline the steps you need to take to get started as a new customer, best practices, and leave you with some resources for continued development. We're very excited to have you aboard!
First five steps to take:
1. Get a key and access to our portal: If you haven’t already, the first step is to ensure you have an API key. You can sign-up for a new key here.
- After you sign-up, we will send a verification code via text message. Please be prepared to enter your number and have access to your phone. You will also receive an email confirmation with your key after signing-up.
- If you have a non-US phone number, you may change the +1 (click the drop-down arrow) and replace/add your country code. Should you run into any issues, our support team is happy to assist.
Please note you may have signed up on your own or been setup with an API key via your FullContact Account Executive, either path will suffice.
2. Take it for a spin: Upon getting access to FullContact’s API Developer Portal you will have the ability to begin testing and making calls.
When we create a new account and key, we provide a certain number of calls to each of our named endpoints at no charge. This should give you a chance to test out the various data sets across our Person- and Company-centric endpoints. You will find specific references to those endpoints below and in our developer docs.
- The first screen you will see when you login will be your API key. Click the “Get Started’ button and make a few calls to test results.
- We will provide cURL Command and a results box.
- If you're interested in sample examples try the following:
Via Person API, you can use firstname.lastname@example.org in the following URL to get a better idea of the data that can be returned:https://email@example.com&apiKey=xxxx
Via Company API, you can use fullcontact.com in the following URL to get a better idea of Company data that can be returned:https://api.fullcontact.com/v2/company/lookup.json?domain=fullcontact.com&apiKey=xxxx
3. Review Developer Documentation Before First Official Call: After you have done some testing, you may be ready to make your first official call. We recommend you review our developer documentation to be best equipped and prepared to begin your work. The full developer documentation can be found here.
4. Make a Call: You're set to start making official calls!
Now that you have reviewed our first five steps to take with our API's, we've put together additional information that should be helpful as a new customer including Troubleshooting Guide, Developer Portal Dashboard Review, and all our API Data Products we offer.
Common issues/troubleshooting: We've put together a handy guide on common troubleshooting and issues you may run into to help make this process as smooth as possible for you. You can find those issues below:
Developer portal review: The FullContact developer portal is your login resource and management platform. We've outlined the navigation below (in order as they appear on the left-hand navigation).
- Dashboard: The dashboard shows quick usage stats to-date, your API key and the plan you’ve signed up for.
- Stats: The stats show a variety of metrics and methods which you can look by a custom start date or year, month, week, and/or day.
- Invoices: This is where you can find your invoices and billing history.
- Docs: We link to our developer docs from within the portal.
- Support: How to contact our Support team and find access to our knowledge base.
FullContact APIs: FullContact has a variety of API endpoints that help expand your view of the customer and create better experiences.
- Person API: Use the person method with an email parameter to lookup information about a specific person by email. You can also query by phone, twitter, emailMD5, or SHA-256 to search for a specific individual.
- Company API: Use the company method with a domain as the lookup parameter to find information about a specific company by domain.
- Card Reader API: A human based business card transcription service. The Card Reader API allows you to send images of business cards to FullContact, and you will receive back a response containing human transcribed structured contact data. The endpoint is a RESTful service where a developer can send front and back images of a business card to be transcribed and that data is returned back to you via a specified webhook callback URL.
- Email Verification API: The email verification API provides several endpoints focused around providing data about the state and validity of an email. Email verification delivery methods may be single, batch polling, and batch webhooks.
- Name API: The name normalization method takes quasi-structured name data provided as a string and outputs the data in a structured manner. It also returns likelihood based only on the order of the given name and family name as seen in the US population.
- Location API: The location normalization method takes semi-structured location data via the place parameter, provided as a string, and returns structured location data (in JSON or XML format).
Resources: You've made it! Below you will find resources available to you as a FullContact customer.
- Webinar: Interested in learning more from our product and engineering experts? Sign-up for our ongoing webinars and trainings here: https://www.fullcontact.com/webinar
- Knowledge Base: For further documentation and resources, can always access our customer knowledge base at support.fullcontact.com alongside our developer documentation.
- Developer Blog: Subscribe to our Developer Blog to learn best practices, customer use cases, product roadmap, and insight from our engineering and product teams.
- Contact: If you’re looking for help you can either work with your direct account manager (if you’ve been assigned one) or if you have a general question or issue with your account, you may contact our support team by submitting a request at support.fullcontact.com.