Why does FullContact ask for permission to access my mailbox, sign me in, and read my profile (Google Contacts, iCloud, and Exchange)?
Due to the way permissions work, we must ask for this blanket access in order to sync contacts. However, FullContact will not access or sync any other information besides your contacts/contact details.
Can you explain the Safe Harbor update?
Does FullContact provide data to advertising networks?
We contractually require developers not to do this, and to require their customers not to use personal data for the purposes of cookie tracking, ad exchanges, ad networks, data brokerages, and sending electronic communications (including email) in violation of applicable law.
How does FullContact handle privacy issues?
1. Your Trust is of the Utmost Importance to Us, and We Will Never Betray It
2. Your Contact Data and Your Contact Record is Yours
3. Your Private Data is Private
4. Your Data is Protected
5. Your Data is Portable
If you are a customer, please see our Terms of Service for information about the type of data FullContact can collect.
Does FullContact provide any private information?
We make a clear distinction between:
1. Public data: which is information that is publicly available on the Internet, or otherwise available in the public domain. We aggregate public data, take into account corrections and feedback, and provide this information to developers and end users of FullContact.
2. Private data: which is privileged contact information to which only our customers have access and is not publicly available. In order to provide the FullContact service, we may need to process this data behind the scenes; however, private data is not disclosed to any other FullContact customer without explicit permission.
You can read more about our Privacy policies here. You can also claim your profile's details here(allowing you to edit, delete, and hide information you don't want exposed publicly).
Where can I claim my contact’s data?
You can claim the details associated with any of your email addresses or phone numbers here. This is a quick and easy way to edit, hide, or update information we have on your behalf.
What are the permissions differences between and Admin and a Member in a FullContact for Teams account?
An admin can edit billing details, download invoices, manage members, invite new members, and can delete members from the Team.
How do I delete my FullContact Apps account?
You can delete your FullContact account on the Account page of your Web app.
How do I delete my FullContact for Teams' account?
You can delete your FullContact account on the Team & Members page of your Web app. On your Team & Members page, click Manage Team -> Delete Team.
I noticed when connecting my Gmail inbox for email signatures, that Gmail permissions requires full access to "view and manage" my email. This sounds dangerous. Can you clarify?
Currently, we use IMAP to access Gmail which requires full permissions; however, rest assured that we are not sending emails, deleting emails, etc. on your behalf. Rather, we are simply using these permissions to extract data from your contacts' email signatures.
How do I delete my FullContact API account?
While we don't delete any API accounts (for billing reasons), if you wish to cancel or downgrade your API account, please email our Support team.