- 1. Why does FullContact ask for permission to access my mailbox, sign me in, and read my profile (Google Contacts, iCloud, and Exchange)?
- 2. Can you explain the Safe Harbor update?
- 3. Does FullContact provide data to advertising networks?
- 4. How does FullContact handle privacy issues?
- 5. Does FullContact provide any private information?
- 6. Where can I claim my contact’s data?
- 7. What are the permissions differences between an Admin and a Member in a FullContact for Teams account?
- 8. How do I close/delete my FullContact Apps account?
- 9. What is the difference between closing and deleting my FullContact apps account?
- 10. How do I delete my FullContact for Teams account?
- 11. I noticed when connecting my Gmail inbox for email signatures, that Gmail permissions requires full access to "view and manage" my email. This sounds dangerous. Can you clarify?
- 12. How do I delete my FullContact API account?
Due to the way permissions work, we must ask for this blanket access in order to sync contacts. However, FullContact will not access or sync any other information besides your contacts/contact details.
We contractually require developers not to do this, and to require their customers not to use personal data for the purposes of cookie tracking, ad exchanges, ad networks, data brokerages, and sending electronic communications (including email) in violation of applicable law.
1. Your Trust is of the Utmost Importance to Us, and We Will Never Betray It
2. Your Contact Data and Your Contact Record is Yours
3. Your Private Data is Private
4. Your Data is Protected
5. Your Data is Portable
If you are a customer, please see our Terms of Service for information about the type of data FullContact can collect.
We make a clear distinction between:
1. Public data: which is information that is publicly available on the Internet, or otherwise available in the public domain. We aggregate public data, take into account corrections and feedback, and provide this information to developers and end users of FullContact.
2. Private data: which is privileged contact information to which only our customers have access and is not publicly available. In order to provide the FullContact service, we may need to process this data behind the scenes; however, private data is not disclosed to any other FullContact customer without explicit permission.
You can read more about our Privacy policies here. You can also claim your profile's details here(allowing you to edit, delete, and hide information you don't want to be exposed publicly).
You can claim the details associated with any of your email addresses or phone numbers here. This is a quick and easy way to edit, hide, or update information we have on your behalf.
In addition to the ability to share contacts, edit contacts, delete contacts and do any other contact-related actions, owner and admins have additional permissions on the Team.
The owner is an admin who is also paying for the Team's subscription. The owner can add/remove members, change the Team name, change billing information, view and download invoices, delete the Team and cancel the Team's subscription.
The admin can add/remove members, change the Team name and delete the Team.
In FullContact for Web, go to the Account settings page -> scroll down to Close Account.
In FullContact for iOS, go to ☰ -> Settings -> tap on your email address -> Close Account.
In FullContact for Android, tap the Gear icon -> tap on your email address -> Pencil icon -> Close Account.
- Close account: Your account will now be closed and will no longer sync your contacts. You can restore it by contacting support within 30 days of closing your account. Your account will be automatically deleted after the 30 days have passed.
- Delete account: Your account will now be permanently deleted and you will not be able to restore it. Make sure you have a copy of your contacts in your linked accounts or on your devices. You can download a backup of your contacts here or you can learn how to export your contacts from FullContact here.
You can delete your FullContact account on the Team & Members page of your Web app. On your Team & Members page, click Manage Team -> Delete Team.
Currently, we use IMAP to access Gmail which requires full permissions; however, rest assured that we are not sending emails, deleting emails, etc. on your behalf. Rather, we are simply using these permissions to extract data from your contacts' email signatures.
While we don't delete any API accounts (for billing reasons), if you wish to cancel or downgrade your API account, please email our Support team.