1) How can I connect my Twitter, Foursquare, and/or Xing account?
2) Why must I import my LinkedIn contacts rather than simply connecting my LinkedIn address book?
3) How can I add my LinkedIn contacts?
4) I noticed that I have two options when I import my LinkedIn contacts: 'Update Existing' or 'Add as New.' Which setting do you recommend?
5) How often should I re-import my LinkedIn contacts?
6) I want LinkedIn to update all of my contacts' jobs - how can I make sure this happens?
7) How often are my Twitter, Foursquare, and Xing address books being updated in FullContact?
8) Are the changes I make to my LinkedIn, Twitter, Foursquare, and/or Xing contacts in FullContact reflected in my social media source?
9) How can I add a LinkedIn, Twitter, Foursquare, or Xing contact to my synced contacts in FullContact?
10) Why can't I add my Facebook address book?
The easiest place to connect your social media accounts is in the FullContact for Web app on the Settings page.
Keep in mind that you can also connect your social media accounts during the onboarding process in FullContact for iOS and FullContact for Android.
In FullContact for Mac, click FullContact (menu dashboard at the top of your Mac) -> Preferences -> [+] icon.
On your Settings page, click Import from LinkedIn and a pop-up window that will direct you to LinkedIn. Here, you can automatically start the download process. If you use Chrome, you can drag and drop the file into the FullContact page. For other browsers, close the pop-up window and select Upload from Computer (or drag the file from your folder).
Keep in mind LinkedIn is gradually changing export function, and it may have affected your LinkedIn account. You can read more about this change and how to request a CSV file of your data here. However, not to worry, as you can still request an archive of your connections.
If you want ALL of your LinkedIn connections to be added to your synced contacts, choose Add as New.
Otherwise, if you only want FullContact syncing your connected LinkedIn contacts with the contacts that ALREADY EXIST in your My Contacts, choose Update Existing. This will alleviate unnecessary contacts from being added to your synced contacts. You can always manually add LinkedIn connections to your My Contacts any time.
Regardless of which setting you choose, all of your LinkedIn connections are available in the LinkedIn address book in your FullContact account.To access your entire LinkedIn address book in your FullContact for Web app, click on Tags (upper-right-hand corner), scroll down to Sources, then click on your LinkedIn address book.
We suggest re-importing your contacts at least once per month. If you're a recruiter, sales rep, or are constantly leveraging LinkedIn's community, you may want to re-import once per week. You'll re-import by clicking 'Import from Linkedin' on the Settings page in your Web app.
To clarify, LinkedIn organizations have lower priority than Google, iCloud, and Exchange; so, if we initially brought in an organization from Google, iCloud, or Exchange, a LinkedIn import actually won't change the primary organization. However, if there is not a job already listed, then re-importing your LinkedIn contacts will update the primary occupation.
We update your Twitter, Foursquare, and Xing address books every 24 hours.
No. When you edit or delete one of your Twitter handles, for example, that change is NOT reflected in your Twitter account (externally). If you want a social media contact fully removed from FullContact, you'll need to delete it in the external source.
The easiest way to do so is to click on Tags in the upper-right-hand corner of your Web app, scroll down to Sources, then click on the specific social media address book.
This will show all contacts in the social media address book you've selected. To add a contact that has not already been added to your synced contacts, click on the [+Person] icon.
Facebook made significant changes to their public APIs back in early 2016; these are the changes to be aware of:
- You will be unable to connect your Facebook (or Instagram) address book to your FullContact account.
- You will not see Facebook profiles suggested in the Updates section of your FullContact account.
While we understand these changes are frustrating, FullContact is committed to building powerful tools to help you build relationships with your network. We'll continue working on new ways to keep your contacts in sync, up-to-date, and accessible everywhere you need them. Also, unlike some other services, we're committed to making sure that your data is always portable—meaning, you can export all your contacts whenever you like. They belong to you.