Welcome to FullContact!
FullContact is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, FullContact syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates, and adds more complete and enriched contact information from the web. FullContact lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail inbox. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
This guides serves as a resource for getting started with our Web App. We outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
Before you dive into this guide, sign up for one of our free weekly Getting Started webinars. In a live, community setting, hear from one of our Customer Success Advocates. You’ll learn new tips and tricks while asking questions along the way. Prepare to become a FullContact power user!
- Webinars: To further your learning and education, don’t forget to join our trainings and webinars here.
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all FullContact help articles and how-to guidance.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our FullContact Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and FullContact news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
First six steps:
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your FullContact account.
1. Make sure your browser is up-to-date
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Chromium Vivaldi, Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Opera.
2. Create your FullContact account
- From our homepage, click Sign Up in the upper-right-hand corner. Otherwise, use the sign up option in the middle of the page.
- If you have a Gmail account, feel free to use the Sign Up With Google option.
- Bookmark app.fullcontact.com for easy access to your Web app.
3. Connect an address book
- To note, if you are connecting your Google Contacts, make sure all of the contacts you want syncing with FullContact exist in your My Contacts instead of your Other Contacts in Google - if you need to move contacts from your Other Contacts to your My Contacts, now is a great time to do so. Keep in mind, we only sync contacts that are in My Contacts.
4. Complete the onboarding process
- Install the FullContact for Gmail extension (if applicable).
- Add your phone number: We'll only use your number to send you this link and verify your email address! We'll also remind you if your subscription is expiring.
5. Add your photo and general information on your Account Page
6. Import contacts and connect your social accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) on your Settings page
Now that you've finished the first six steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for more effectively managing your contacts.
1. Click on Activity on the left-hand side dashboard to access your Updates and Duplicates
- Apply updates where you see fit—you can apply all updates at once or apply updates one at a time. If you ignore an update, it will not be added to your contact.
- Apply duplicates where you see fit—you can merge all duplicates at once or merge your contacts one at a time. When merging your contacts, all information is included in the final version of the contact. You can edit your merged contacts later.
2. Click on History on the left-hand side dashboard to view all changes being made to your contacts
- In chronological order, view the edits, additions, merges, deletions, etc. occurring in your FullContact address book. This area is helpful to understand what changes and improvements FullContact is providing you with, in addition to manual work you’ve done.
- Undo changes and edit your contacts where you see fit.
3. Organize how your contacts are sorted
- Use the Advanced Search to filter your contacts by their location, when they were added, and more.
- We have a full list of different search parameters here.
4. The tags dashboard
- You can create new tags and view your tags in the upper right-hand corner. Tags are a great way to categorize and organize your contacts. Some examples might be location based (e.g. Denver Contacts) or group based (e.g. College). When adding new tags consider how you organize and categorize your network today.
- Private Tags are exclusive to your private FullContact address book and the ones that you have added yourself; Smart Tags are default tags from FullContact that are added to your account.
- You can click on multiple tags at once.
- You can view all of your Sources at the bottom of the Tags dashboard.
- You can click on any of your Sources to view individual address books.
Become a power user:
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favorite tips and tricks.
1. Favorite your contacts
- Do you have contacts you talk to often? Favorite your contacts through the ‘star’ icon.
2. Manually merge your contacts
- Sometimes we may not pick up on all duplicates. We allow you to manually take care of merges if need be and this allows you to fully master your contacts with the context only you, might have.
3. Bulk tag your contacts
- You can tag your contacts to subgroup them for easy-to-find contact lists.
- Feel free to use tag names such as Prospect, Lead, Client, etc.
- You can export any of your tags.
- Your tags sync bi-directionally as Groups in Google and Groups in iCloud.
4. Select All
- Actions: export, tag, or delete (at the top of the Web app) once you click Select All.
- Actions: export individual contacts, groups of contacts, or entire address books on your Settings page.
- Once you export as a Google / Outlook CSV or a vCard, you can import your file into a CRM or email marketing platform or simply organize your file on your desktop.
- Have a file of contacts in your CRM, on your desktop, or elsewhere? Import them into your FullContact account.
- If you have opted to import your LinkedIn contacts, be sure to re-import at least once per month.
- If you’re unsure of which setting to choose when you re-import, take a look at our Sync Settings article.
Thanks for joining FullContact! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your FullContact address book to improve your contact management challenges.