How can I connect my Google Contacts address book to my FullContact account?
From the home page, click the blue [plus] icon, then click Source.
If you're connecting your Google Contacts address book from the FullContact for Mac app, click on FullContact (menu dashboard at the top of your Mac), click Preferences, then click the [+] icon.
If you're connecting your Google Contacts address book from the FullContact for iOS app, click Settings (home page), then click the [+] icon.
If you're connecting your Google Contacts address book from the FullContact for Android app, click on the gear icon (bottom-right corner of the page) -> click Address books -> click the [+] icon.
Syncing Google Contacts with iPhone / iPad / Mac
To make sure Google is syncing with your iOS device, do the following:
1) Settings -> Contacts ->
2) Settings -> Contacts -> Default Account -> check if Google is chosen as default (NB! This step is optional and might not be visible in your device)
3) Phone app -> Contacts -> Groups (in the upper left corner) -> uncheck everything except "All Google"
To make sure Google is syncing with your OS X device, do the following:
1) System Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> Google -> check if the Contacts sync is turned on
2) Contacts app -> Contacts -> Preferences -> Default Account -> Google (NB! This step is optional and might not be visible in your device)
3) Contacts app -> View -> Show Groups -> uncheck everything except "All Google".
Syncing Google Contacts with Android
While Android device differs, so long as your Google Contacts account is syncing with the native contacts app/address book built into your Android, we'll keep your FullContact account syncing with your Android through your Google Contacts.
Instructions on how to add Google to Android can be found here.
What are Google's contact storage limits?
Google has three different storage limits for contacts, which are posted on a Google Apps Help Page. These limits for Google Apps accounts also appear to apply to normal Google accounts.
- The total number of contacts in a Google account must be 25,000 or less. Please Note: This includes Other Contacts as well as My Contacts. Read about Other Contacts vs. My Contacts here. FullContact only brings in My Contacts from Google, so it is possible that you may run into your storage limit in Google even if you have less than 25,000 total Google Contacts in FullContact. We have a helpful article here about organizing your Google Contacts.
- The total size of these contacts must not exceed 20 MB.
- Individual contacts must not exceed 128 KB in size.
If you want contacts in Other Contacts, Favorites, Google Circles, etc. to show up in FullContact, log into your Gmail account, click Google Contacts -> Other Contacts -> Select All (top) -> Add to My Contacts. After that, you will have successfully moved contacts into your My Contacts.