How can I get started with FullContact's Company API?
Much like Person API and its ability to give you access to information about people, Company API lets you easily add information about an organization to your application.
To get started with the FullContact Company API, you’ll need to sign up for an API key. Our free plan allows you 100 matches per month, so you can see how powerful the data is before you decide to upgrade. Once you have your API key, you can query FullContact's Company API just as you do any of our other options. The easiest way to query is in your API account. You can login here.
Documentation on the v2 Company API can be found here.
What are the categories of companies returned for the Company API endpoint?
- Basic info, such as domain, name and traffic rank
- Social background including follower info, bios and images sourced from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, AngelList, Crunchbase, etc.
- Contact details, email, corporate HQ address, phone, and fax
- Company overview, size, formation date, images and logos and Wiki style article about the company
- Category (email provider, educational facility, etc.)
- Educational institutions (schools, educational facilities, etc.)
- Email providers - providers of email for the general public like Gmail, austin.rr.com, 100’s of ISP’s, etc.; this can be used to know that a person with an email address with this category doesn’t work for that company
- Language locale (if known)
- Adult Content (self-explanatory; this was recently added so it may take a while for caches to update on sites that have already been queried)
- Message gateway - SMS, MMS gateways; txt.att.net for example
- Other company URLs such as RSS Feeds and blogs
What formats are supported for the Company API endpoint?
Company API only supports JSON format at this time.