What is the purpose of FullContact's Slack integration?
Most teams have a Slack channel where they keep track of chatter about their company. Typically, this chatter is about the company's social feed, a support ticket, an NPS rating, etc. In other words, it's an indirect way for a company to interact with their customers. Furthermore, FullContact is able to enrich a company's contacts to help teams learn more about who is interacting with them. Additionally, Twitter is one of the most popular apps added onto teams’ Slack instances. So, we encourage installing FullContact and attaching it to a company's Twitter channels. That way, various teams can easily see who’s tweeting at them.
Slack integration setup guide:
- If you haven't already, sign up for an API account here (you'll need an API key to get started).
- As a Slack user, you can install the FullContact app from the Slack App Directory or from a FullContact landing page.
- During install, you'll be prompted to oAuth your Slack team and add the FullContact bot to a channel. You'll need to pick a channel to put FullContact into.
3. You'll be taken into the Slack app, where you can see a welcome message from the FullContact bot, prompting you to enter your API key.
4. Upon successfully entering your API key, you'll be taught how to make commands.
5. Other commands supported by FullContact are shown below.
How am I billed for this Slack integration?
We’re using our current API plans as the underlying billing process. A Slack admin will sign up for a FullContact API key (which starts on a Free plan), and can decide whether to upgrade to another API plan. Once your team hits your plan's limit for the month, the Slack app will notify you on your next enrichment request.
How many API calls are being made every time Slack enriches a contact profile?
- Either 1 call is made to our Person API, or 1 call is made to our Company API.
- When the Slack app is added to a specific channel, it will listen for any posts that contain an email address, domain, Twitter handle or phone number. If Person or Company API returns a match, then the app will post in the channel. This will use up 1 API credit.
Which of our APIs does this Slack integration use?
It uses our v2 Person and Company APIs.
Can I change my API key for the FullContact for Slack app after I’ve set it?
No. Once you assign your API key to the FullContact for Slack app in your team, that key will always be associated with your team. We do this in order to prevent abuse from users.
What pieces of identification does the Slack app use to look up profiles?
In the slash command functionality, you can query the Slack app with an email address or domain. When the Slack app is added to a channel, it will automatically listen for emails, domains, and twitter handles and automatically enrich those.
How does the FullContact for Slack app behave once I run out of monthly API calls?
Once you run out of your monthly quota, you will see this message:"You've reached the monthly limit on your plan. Upgrade for more profile lookups."
Why isn’t the FullContact for Slack integration enriching certain tweets or emails?
The integration only posts in a Slack channel when it gets a 200 response for a Person or Company lookup. If FullContact doesn’t return a match during the lookup, the bot won't post.